Friday, October 26, 2007
Monday, October 22, 2007
Monday, October 15, 2007
But it quickly became wearisome.
I mean, come on Lydia.
Friday, October 12, 2007
We went to a bittersweet concert last night. Sweet because Nickel Creek has been one of my favorite bands for the past six years. Their sound is so likable, so easy to get completely caught up in. This was the third concert of their's we've been to and it always takes my appreciation to a new level watching their hands and fingers fly to a blur, never missing a note. Their raw talent is mesmerizing. Bitter because last night's concert was part of their Farewell For Now Tour. In the name of following individual pursuits they are taking a hiatus as a band. "Nooo!" Yeah, that's what I said when I first heard of such nonsense too. Their three albums have a strong representation in nearly every playlist on our ipod. I don't like the idea of never getting anything new from them again. They did play a few numbers last night not on their albums, maybe those will become available someday. In the meantime, here is what we were treated with last night:(I intended to link each title to a youtube video of that song in concert, but there's too many songs and I've run out of time as usual! You'll have to look the rest up yourself.)
1. Ode to a Butterfly (the kiddo's favorite NC song)
2. When In Rome
3. Reasons Why
7. House of Tom Bombadil
8. Best of Luck
9. Can't Complain
10. Non-album instrumental I did not catch the name of
11. All This Time (non-album)
12. The Fox
13. House Carpenter (followed by some great jammin')
14. Non-album cover that i again didn't catch the name
15. Jealous of the Moon
16. Scotch and Chocolate
17. This Side
18. First and Last Waltz
20. Out of the Woods
21. Cuckoo's Nest
23. Lighthouse (with the best jammin' of the evening)
then the encore...
24. Cover of Toxic (by Brittney Spears, I know, but it was really funny)
25. Non-album song, maybe called Lulu Girl?
26. Why Should the Fire Die (second half of song here) (best song of the night, of course. They sing this one with instruments unplugged and all huddled around a single mic for a beautiful sound. Come on guys, why should the fire die?)