Tuesday, February 19, 2008

The Wax Museum (and tilt your head a little leftish)


Yeah, I filmed it sideways. I did not consider the inability to rotate it the right way later on. So, anyway...

The Wax Museum was last week for Emma. This was quite the project for a 2nd grader. She had to do a little research on her assigned historical figure, Eleanor Roosevelt, and write a short speech. Then she and her classmates stood like wax figures in the gym and waited for parents and other classes to come and push the "on" button on the floor. She would recite her little speech over and over for an hour as the crowd moved through. She took her role very seriously and did not break character (that of being made of wax) when we told her "good job" and "show Dad how loose your tooth is".


Hanging out with her pal, Harriet Tubman...and the whole class.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Good job Emma...I don't even think I could memorize that. She should have no problem with The Articles of Faith!

Jeanne said...

Cute! What a fun school!

Yo Mama said...

Ahhh. . . school plays, I have been George Washington, a flower, and a bell ringer. Emma is off to a great start. Honestly, Mrs. Roosevelt? Is there anywhere else to go after you have achieved this greatness. Love it.

Susan Brady said...

I was sitting here rocking my grandnephew for his afternoon nap and Blog-Surfing. came acrossed your blog and really enjoyed the wax museum. I hope you don't mind if I drop by your blog from time to time. I liked the quiet book, I haven't seen one for several years, everyone in my ward is into using coloring books.