Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Very Hungry Caterpillars


Last week on a nice, sunny day the kids all had a snack of some crackers in the back yard. They found two caterpillars on the deck. They tried for a long time to feed them the crackers. They talked to the bugs in baby-talk voices and persuaded and persuaded, but the caterpillars were not interested. I explained that caterpillars don't like people food, they like caterpillar food. Leaves. So Emma ran to a tree and brought back a couple of green, juicy ones. I was still skeptical, but the very hungry caterpillars gobbled those leaves right up. So gather the kids around and behold the wonders of nature in our very own backyard.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

cool footage

andrea said...

I had fun at book club! Sorry I had to run off so quickly. :)

Nanette said...

HOW could I forget you, Lori! I was so happy to see you on my blog! I can't believe your family is so grown up! They are all so cute! :)
Who knew the hungry caterpillar story was so real! Very cool!