Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Close Call (Or Why I'm a Firm Believer in Keeping Your Non-Potty-Trained Kids in Onesies at All Times)

There I was, minding my own business. Lydia had been napping. Wait, I need to back up. Right before Lydia's nap she'd had a big, messy diaper that got on her onesie a little. Normally I would have put a clean onesie on her right away (because they keep her diapers from sagging and drooping and I can hardly stand for her to go without). But it was naptime and I was anxious to get on with it so I just took off the dirty one, put her clothes back on (they were still clean) and took her to bed. Anyway, back to minding my own business. I heard Lydia start to fuss a little, announcing that she'd woken up from her nap. I was about to go get her, but she stopped. She was quiet for about five minutes so I carried on with whatever I was doing and thought maybe she'd gone back to sleep. Nope, there she was yabbering again. So I went upstairs and what did I find? This:Our little nudist had taken advantage of her sans onesie state. I found her shirt, shorts and diaper on the floor around her crib. She looked very guilty at first, but sooned joined in with my laughter. Hers was a relieved laugh, "Yeah, can you believe I did this, Mom? Pretty good one huh? Just a big joke..." Mine was a relieved laugh also. She'd only been naked for a few mintues, no harm done. It could be much, much worse.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Alright, you know my commitment to a good blog post. And, I say congrats on yours here, but the Christian corner or whatever that was that you linked...that was SOOOOOO nasty! I mean seriously, who would video that. If I wouldn't than NO one should. YUCK O RAMA!

And, I almost about puked when she just had a full fledge conversation with the kid, like she had just had a day in the park. (I don't know if you know this person or if they read your blog) and i am not judging, but I was so grossed out.

If that were my kid, they would not get a nice cheerful mom. Really, they would not get a happy mom. YUCK YUCK and more YUCK. that is probably about what my kid would be hearing from me. YUCK! YUCK! YUCK! GROSS! WHY DID YOU DO THAT! THAT IS POOPY! THAT IS NASTY! YOU DON'T WANT TO PLAY WITH THAT! AHHHHH!

Jeanne said...

Ok I don't know your previous blog post-er, but can I just say "DITTO!". That was so gross and I don't think I'd stop to take a picture or make a video. In the words of my 19 month old ... "gusting"!

Lori said...

The link is to a good friend in my ward. She is an awesome mom, probably the only one I know who would be able to see the humor of the situation and not freak out. She's level-headed and kind like that.

Jeanne said...

What a good person...give her the mom of the year award!
When my mom-in-law had young kids all the ladies in her ward had a "Golden Pacifier" award. Once a year they had a lunch and would tell about these crazy experiences. Then all the moms would vote on which was the worst/funniest and the winner would get to wear this necklace that had a golden pacifier on it for the year. She said this was too funny because just when you thought you were having the worst day ever a little voice would pop into your head and tell you that you were going to win the golden pacifier.
I love it! Give it to your friend (with a gold star for having such a positive attitude!)

cally said...

Lydia looks so proud. I can just here her sweet voice...

"La-la nakey. Yup."

So funny Lori.