Friday, March 4, 2011

Two new pillows for the shop


(Did you notice?)

"Come What May and Love It" because it's good advice for anyone, anytime. I find this very easy to believe in when things are going great, but unbelievably difficult when you find yourself faced with critism, trials, loss or any of life's valleys. It's still the best choice though, even then.

"You Are My Sunshine" because it's almost spring. And I love that song, who doesn't? I hear my sister-in-law singing it to her little son all the time and it makes me happy. One other attached memory: my sister has triplets. They were born 10 weeks early and in the NICU for months. My mom would join my sister frequently to visit them. (This was way back when we lived in Utah, bytheway, so we couldn't visit too. Or we would have. We love them.) Anyway, my mom said she would always sing them this song and tear up on the line "please don't take my sunshine away", not knowing for sure if those tiny babies were going to pull through. Wow, I know, I didn't mean to get so heavy! I have a lot of sunshines to love too.

Edit: at the last minute I decided to enter the sunshine one in the monthly pillow contest over at Stitched in color. Check it out...

Blogger's Pillow Party

6 comments:

Sharlene, Mom, Grammy said...

Yes, yes, yes, I noticed, and I want them both, please!!!

"Come what may and love it" is a great reminder of a great talk. And of course, who doesn't love the song, "You are my Sunshine?"

Both great sayings---lasting sayings.

Holly said...

I love them!!! I think I need the "Come what may and love it". What a great motto.

cally said...

I love the Come What May! That is so great Lori.

Mary Jo said...

The sunshine pillow caught my eye! That was "my" baby song when I was little. Good memories. GREAT pillow!

verykerryberry said...

Beautiful pillows- I love text and fabric- check out Elizabeth Mitchell on itunes singing You are my Sunshine, it is magic :)

Rachel at Stitched in Color said...

Super cute pillow! But your kids up top are even cuter (of course!)