Sunday, September 4, 2011

How to encourage your darling children to kindly put their dishes in the dishwasher

Step One: Find a photo of yourself in a threatening pose taken by your eleven-year-old the night before she left for Washington DC (if you don't have one feel free to use mine, I can scare any kid straight).


Step Two: Add some threatening text.


Step Three: Place threatening reminder by the sink in hopes that your kids will realize you mean business and are sick of telling them in person. 

8 comments:

The Borden Family said...

Perfect

lisa said...

I, Love, This! I'd like to put one by the light switches saying "turn off", in the mudroom, saying "put shoes away", in their bedrooms saying "make your bed"....it could go on and on...

Julie said...

That's awesome. You always have such great ideas Lori. I need to have one in the bathroom for my boys saying "pick up your clothes!" They leave their clothes on the floor every night.

Sharlene, Mom, Grammy said...

Hey Lisa, I'll come take a threatening (scary) picture of you if you want to put up your own warnings.

Lori--------how's the threatening picture tactic working so far? :)

I'm actually lol right now. :)

joelb said...

i love how you framed it. nice touch.

now excuse me while i go finish cross-stitching my "FLUSH THE TOILET AFTER USE!" pattern.

nbarnes2 said...

awesomeness. i just lack readers. wait...even brent could use that cue.

jennyandbrett said...

Lori,

I wanted to see how things were going in the Cruze household. You all look so great!! It is fun to see how big your girls are getting. (the older ones don't seem to have changed as much via computer). We are doing great...living in St. George. Just thought I'd say hi. --Jenny ps, I like your dishwasher picture...great idea. :)

cally said...

Genius.