Monday, July 16, 2012

Girls Camp 2012

Man, do I love Girls Camp. Exactly 50 hours after pulling into our driveway from the Odyssey, I took off for Pickett State Park. I got to be a leader again this year--Allison and I were over the third years. We got lucky, they were all good, sweet girls who indulged in minimal drama. We had an olympic theme which made for a lot of fun activities.
But.
My very favorite part? Watching Emma. Her first year was even more awesome than I guessed it would be. She was made for Girls Camp--the songs, the dancing, the pranks, the camaraderie. She thrived. I'm so thankful I could be a fly on the wall and see it all happen.
Second favorite part? Archery. That was fun.

Six-man plank walk.

All the First Years...that's Emma way at the top.

All the leaders...that's me way at the top.

Scott got to shoot some too when he came for Bishop's night.

You never know when you might need to hunt a squirrel and
trade it at the seam for some medicine or something...





Everyone from West Hills ward.

Twin Arches hike

2 comments:

joelb said...

"hunt a squirel" -- that's a Brave reference, right?

Team Merida!

nbarnes2 said...

how many young women are in west hills!? when i left i think there were....5? that's so fun.